Instructor: Donna Forsythe
One of the most overlooked aspects of celebrant work is PRESENTATION! Other wedding professionals, they tell us that so often, a ceremony is ruined by the inability of the person officiating to offer a professional presentation of the ceremony.
Celebrants must master the art of public speaking, which is so much more than just feeling comfortable in front of an audience and reading a ceremony aloud. In this course, you will learn about tone, pacing, and other vocal qualities that are critical to oration.
You will achieve...
- Commanding attention of the guests during a celebration, as well as all important groups from the wedding party to other vendors
- Preparation methods from blocking the ceremony and running rehearsals
- Tools to minimize distractions during all phases to keep your presentation polished
- New insight into your own self-confidence and strategies to overcome negative self-talk
- Exposure to video examples of Presentations done well, and the ability to offer constructive feedback to yourself and your peers
This is one of six course requirements for the Masters Celebrant Certificate. Completing three courses out of six earns you an Associate Celebrant Certificate.
LIVE VIDEO COURSE TIMES:
Wednesday, September 2, 2020 @ 8:00PM (EST)
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 @ 8:00PM (EST)
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 @ 8:00PM (EST)
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 @ 8:00PM (EST)
*Video recordings of each week will be shared with participants.