Are You Ready for the NEW Ceremony-Centric Couples of 2021?!
Feb 08, 2021
The ceremony sets the tone for the entire wedding day, yet it used to be the final part of the planning process. This year, however, things are changing! Celebrants and Officiants must improve their services now, because our role as the ceremony leaders is front and center like never before!
Couples are looking for expertise from their officiants. Period.
Since the ceremony is quickly becoming recognized as THE most important element of a wedding day (as it should be), micro-weddings, elopements, and couple-centric ceremonies have become the focus for so many engaged couples.
So, what makes a ceremony couple-centric?
- First, it's what Humanist Celebrants do. We have been delivering around the globe for years! With the rise in secular weddings in the US, we're catching up.
- It is personal. Without one shared faith, and with more diverse backgrounds, today's couples want to weave their own, unique thread throughout the ceremony.
- It is equal. Promise to obey is out! Readings or rituals throughout the ceremony with even a suggestion of outdated gender roles are of no interest to today's couples. They are opting for poetry, literature, and lyrics that discuss equality of love, commitment and strength. (Need some ideas for unique readings? We have these 29 suggestions for you!)
- It is inclusive. Time has become such a commodity. Time with everyone we love all in one place? Couples realize more than ever how rare that is. While the ceremony is always about the couple, we find that they feel compelled to honor their guests by vocalizing their gratitude to those in attendance.
- It is memorable. People won't remember what you said, but they'll remember how you made them feel, right? We've had run-ins with couples and/or their guests years after a personalized ceremony, and they can still recite parts back to us word-for-word. The words last longer, they matter more, and must be written extremely well.
Being ordained online will carry less weight than ever before. Ceremony-centric couples expect a polished public speaker to deliver a 100% custom ceremony with a flawless presentation.
Couples want secular ceremonies that tell their love story with rich language, meaningful rituals, and presented with undeniable impact. Some 2021 couples have waited a long time for this day. They will arrive at their first meeting with you knowing exactly what is important to them, and they will no longer settle for a Celebrant with an open Saturday.
Whether you are a natural newbie or an experienced Celebrant, we urge you to ask yourself if you are prepared to meet the demand from the new ceremony-centric couple.
Are you ready for them? Because they are ready for you!
>>HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US! GET COACHING & TRAINING TO BECOME READY NOW. IN 3-6 MONTHs, CELEBRANT ACADEMY PREPARES YOU DURING MASTERS OR ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS WITH NEW SKILLS, A NEW COMMUNITY OF PROFESSIONALS, AND A LIFETIME OF RESOURCES. LEARN ABOUT ENROLLMENT. <<
Join our instructors at our next Open House! Can't make it? Contact us directly to ask questions about all our course offerings!